This website uses Mailchimp, a third party email provider, for its email subscribers.
Privacy for Contacts
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from our Members: A Member may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Services. For example, when a Member uploads their Distribution List or integrates the Services with another website or service (for example, when a Member chooses to connect their e-commerce account with Mailchimp), or when you sign up for a Member’s Distribution List on a Mailchimp signup form, they may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from a Member.
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the Services, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications our Members send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us, and we use this information to provide publicly available social media information about you to Members who have enabled the “Social Profiles” feature in their Mailchimp accounts.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Mailchimp accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Services. We use information, like your purchase history, provided to us by Members, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. For example, we use data from Mailchimp accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our Members. If you prefer not to share this data, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you interact with a Member’s email campaign or connected store, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on behalf of our Members. When you receive and engage with a Member’s campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Mailchimp platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our Members’ email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services.
D. Legal Basis for Processing
We process Personal Information about you as a data controller as described in this section, where such processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests typically include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products and services; and ensuring the security of the Services and our Website.
E. Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. Mailchimp takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
As described above, for much of the Personal Information we collect and process about Contacts through the Services, we act as a processor on behalf of our Members. In such cases, if you are a Contact and want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by Mailchimp as a processor on behalf of our individual Members, you should contact the relevant Member that is using the Mailchimp Services, and refer to their separate privacy policies.
If you no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members through our Services, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time and after providing notice to the Member of your request.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
See Mailchimp Legal Policies here.